literacy+technology=motivation

literacy+technology=motivation
literacy 2.0

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Emancipate yourself from Mental Slavery!

YES!This is my twelfth post--I made it! No doubt I will continue blogging;it was a great tool helping me reflect on the 'learnings' from this course so it is fitting that my post is today, as we celebrate Emancipation Day.

Literacy is key to unlocking persons from mental slavery--Reading and writing skills will never go out of style no matter what technological discoveries await us in the future. They are necessary for economic, social, academic, spiritual and personal advancement.

My main focus for this blog was Reading and Writing as an integrated approach to Literacy Instruction using web 2.0 technologies. Here is another example I wish to share--


1)Voxopop: an awesome tool for language development (both oral and wriiten).
Voxopop talkgroup--Literacy Forward: Start a Conversation


You can click on the Literacy Forward link above and share your final thoughts with me about the course, the 'new literacies' or whatever is on your mind
(you will need a microphone to talk!)

2 comments:

  1. I am always inspired and intrigued by people like you who can use the technology to great advantage. I am only now finding out(and liking it) the many things you can do on the computer. I agree with you that "this is a journey everyone living in the digital age has to take." Each day that passes I try to practice using the skills I learned on this course. I haven't been able to go much further beyond those skills as I am still learning to use the many features on the computer and have not mastered them fully as yet. I know that after completing all my assignments I would have the time to spend perfecting my skills and seeking assistance to do some of the things I see others doing that I would like to do myself.I would truly like to emancipate myself from"digital illiteracy". I went through your entire blog and was really impressed. I know that your students will benefit from your vast knowledge. Continue to share your knowledge with others.
    Heather Palmer-Ovid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather for the kind words and for your posting on my blog. You have the right attitude to build on what we have gained from this course.
    Life long learning in the digital age is a reality, however much you may be impressed with what I know, there is so much more to learn, explore and master.

    Whatever tools you are exposed to get to know them well and use them and you will pick up more tools along the way. I too was digitally illiterate now I might say that I am partially functionally literate.

    Just last year (2009) I found out what a blog and a wiki was and before that in late 2008 is when I joined facebook (I am no longer there though).

    There is hope and you are never too old or too slow you just need imagination and support from others and your skills will grow exponentially

    ReplyDelete